Following the Midwive's Model of Care, and recognizing that each woman is unique, my Midwifery Services for Home and Birth Center births include:
- Prenatal care from a holistic approach
- All visits average about 1 hour in length (in comparison to 10-15 minutes with an obstetrician)
- Prenatal testing, lab work, and ultrasounds are available (as needed or upon request)
- 36 week visit (for homebirth moms) in your home
- 24 hour availability for emergency phone consultation (non-emergency up until 5:00 pm)
- Referrals (as needed)
- Informed Parents group childbirth classes
- 24/7 on call for your birth beginning at 37 weeks
- Continuous assistance during labor and delivery by myself and my assistant
- The loan of the AquaDoula pool, if available
- Non-invasive monitoring of mom and baby
- Labor support, when desired/as needed
- Support for your birth preferences
- Relaxed environment
- Clean up after birth
- 4+ postpartum visits for you and your baby
- All visits before 2 weeks postpartum are done in your home.
- Continued on call for emergencies
- Experienced breastfeeding support and referrals
In addition, all clients have access to the following:
- Birth ball is available for in-home use during labor (upon request); birth balls are also available at the birth center
- Use of my lending library (books and videos)
- 24/7 phone support during pregnancy and postpartum
- Breastfeeding support
- Monthly Mom's Night Out Available
- One-on-one education about Babywearing and Cloth Diapering is available (upon request)
Planning a Home Birth?
I love home birth and love servicing home birth clients in addition to birth center clients.
- Pre-Conception counseling. Cost is $50.
- Other office visits for pregnancy tests (blood and/or urine); pregnancy confirmation letters for Medicaid can also be furnished. Cost is $25.