(partial scholarships are sometimes available and based on financial need)
Do you have a passion to help mothers in labor but the long distance doula workshops make that dream impossible? Or have you ever wondered what being a doula was all about? Here is your chance to make these dreams a reality and help countless new families along the way!
Doula Training & Certification Program
During the one day workshop, students will learn:
- What exactly is a doula? What is her role?
- Why would an expecting family need a doula?
- How a doula can provide support through education, physical/emotional help, and advocacy--through pregnancy, birth, and postpartum
- How a doula can be a huge asset to expecting dads
- Things to consider in special circumstances: VBAC, planned epidurals, cesarean birth, out-of-hospital birth, etc.
- A wide array of comfort techniques to help you feel confident in your ability to provide excellent physical support during labor
- How to help your client feel empowered--even when things go differently than planned
- How to start your doula practice and other business tips and considerations
- And much, much more!
This program will give you the knowledge and tools necessary to begin supporting other women during this crucial time of her life.
- Attendance of LLB Doula Training workshop
- Completion of required reading list
- Attendance of 6 births (in any setting) with written summaries
- Evaluations of 3 births (from parent OR provider)
- Attendance and documentation of two childbirth class series (one taught at LLB; the other at a local area hospital)
- Completion of two small research assignments
- Passing the final exam